College and Career Information
http://www.facts.org Information and applications for college, career planning, choosing a major.
College Information and searches:
- http://www.ncaaclearinghouse.net NCAA Clearinghouse Application for Athletes -to be completed in June of your Junior year
- http://www.bridges.com/cpfloridawww.collegeboard.com College statistics
- http://www.ucan-network.org Profiles of hundreds of colleges
- http://www.Flchoices.org The Florida Department of Education's career information web site that provides career and educational exploration and information.
- www.fldoe.org Florida Department of Education.
- http://www.nelnet.com. FREE personalized college planning and financial assistance. Next Step Magazine is a great resource for information about colleges, careers, scholarships, and post-secondary options
- http://www.nces.ed.gov/collegenavigatorEdRef.com presents factual information on 7,500 US colleges and universities, including minority, athletic, and religious search options. We also provide our very flexible EdRef Navigator College Search Tool allowing individuals to "fine tune" their search based on criteria such as campus setting, degree programs offered, religious affiliation, and number of students.
- http://www.cyberguidance.net Portal to many career, college and academic resources from a Duval County magnet school (excellent and open to the public)
http://www.kiplinger.comList of top public universities
College Information and Searches:
Technical Schools in Broward County:
SAT & ACT
- 40 hours needed to fulfill the Service Learning Graduation Requirement for graduation.
- All ISB Pumas may begin to acquire service hours in the summer following their graduation from 8th grade.
- For ideas on places that may require student assistance, check out the website http://www.volunteerbroward.org and click on Student Volunteer Guide. There are nearly 200 nonprofit agencies listed as needing students to perform volunteer service.
- You don't need to stop at 40 hours! Remember that you need 75 hours to qualify for the Florida Bright Futures Academic Scholars Award. In addition, students can earn Silver Cord honors recognition at graduation with 250 volunteer service hours. www.SERVEnet.org
- All hours must be pre approved prior to performing the volunteer service.
Questions/comments about the Career Counseling page, please email