Foreign Exchange Students & Study Abroad
- As part of our International Studies program, students have the opportunity to participate in ISB's foreign exchange and study abroad programs throughout the school year and in the summer. We match our students with families and schools who are looking to send their children or students to the U.S. for a cultural exchange. Our students have participated in exchange and study abroad programs in Costa Rica and France.
- A small group of students attended a summer camp in France in 2007 to complement our two-way immersion language program offered in French/English. The students visited several breathtaking sites and mingled with students coming from around the world. This experience reinforced the dynamics of bi-literacy in this global world.
- International School of Broward (ISB) and Lycée Franco-Américain hosted 65 Chinese students in January 2010 for one week. The students had the opportunity to attend two full days of school at ISB and LFA, in addition to several excursions organized for them. The Chinese students were hosted by families of ISB and LFA. The last day was spent sharing a meal prepared by the Chinese students for the hosts. This was a great opportunity for our students to discover a different culture and develop a lasting relationship with foreign students.
- Through its cultural exchange program in partnership with the French Consulate, ISB will offer students the opportunity to travel abroad. More information will be available later this year.
- International School of Broward (ISB) is an eligible site to accept foreign students seeking a student visa. To learn more about the application process and the terms and conditions, please contact the school directly.
- Foreign exchange students that require boarding may contact Ms. Karine Soulanges for information.